we do not have the possibilty to

add more conferences

for the moment

Forum

Community

Forum

NEUROSURGIC FORUM
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
FORUM: Educational programs and residency
Go to bottom
  • Page:
TOPIC: Neurosurgery program in Germany
anu
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Neurosurgery program in Germany 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi,
I'm gona pm you back now. Last time i checked my inbox here was on nov.3rd so, here i am, back again.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
anu
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
adelbakouch wrote:
I send you PM please add or rply me

Hi,
I'm gona pm you back now. Last time i checked my inbox here was on nov.3rd so, here i am, back again.

Logged Logged
adelbakouch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Hi anu
I send you pm please reply and tell me

Logged Logged
Yehia A.
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Neurosurgery program in Germany 5 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hi, i'm also a medical student and i wanted to inquire about the neurosurgical residencies in germany. can you please help me ?

Logged Logged
mugdha.r.c
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Neurosurgery program in Germany 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
First things first.
You definitely need to learn German. The level is B2 as per the European framework of languages. If you learn German intensive, it can take as short as 6 months and as long as 18 months. The Goethe Institute is the best place to learn but I suggest you also use the audio courses by Michel Thomas. These help with the speaking and confidence element of the language. I will try to upload those audios too. If only, I can avoid copyright infringement emails.
Anyway I must saying learning German was a wonderful experience for me. Its easier than French because what you write is what you say. (I have learnt French too). No I’m not a language freak. I’m just an ordinary medical professional who with a lot of investment and time learnt a new language.
In Germany it’s like being in China. Everything is in German. Even the floor markings! So you must know German.
After you have done this, type your CV in German, and write a nice application letter in German too. Then find all the doctors you can of the field you want to specialize in. Google it, its not hard, trust me.
Send an email to every doctor. Yes! You heard me right. An email to every doctor, use Bcc, that’s what I did.
The reason to getting in contact with the doctors is that you need a contract to get a long term German visa. Without a contract and initial contact with a doctor you will have to spend your money and risk travelling there as a tourist.
Most Germen doctors answer their emails unless they are on leave. On an average 70% reply, whether positive or negative, but they reply.
If you are lucky which you might actually be, because doctors are lacking in Germany, you will be invited to visit, and that’s your chance to get your contract.
When the contract is done, you need to apply for a visa and an occupational permit (Berufserlaubnis). The latter is like a temporary practicing license to work as a doctor in Germany. Its usually granted for a period of 1 to 2 years,d during which you may need to give an equivalence exam (Gleichwertigkeitspruefung) and pass it. It’s an oral exam in the subjects internal medicine, surgery and one of the following clinically related subjects: microbiology, toxicology, virology, pathology, emergency medicine (depends on which state you are applying). Passing this exam gives you chance to continue your course and have a full license to practice. If the council decides you don’t need to write the Gleichwertigkeitspruefung then you will have to give an oral exam that tests your german medical knowledge. How much german do you understand in the medical speciality.
The biggest advantage a person should look at in doing PG in Germany is that they need doctors and we need PGs. None the less its world class education coming with no tuition fees and a good salary. What more can one ask for?
Please note all documents not in German, need to be translated for the application of a Berufserlaubnis.

An alternative option for people interested in coming to Germany for PG is that they can apply for a “Hospitat” postion in a hospital in Germany. Of course it will be on one’s expenses unless the doctor who accepts you is too nice to give you something like free accommodation or an allowance. Doesn’t happen offen, so don’t have high hopes.

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
You are here: